2019 9th International

Conference on Power and Energy Systems

Invitation Letter

** For Authors of Accepted Papers:

1. The authors of accepted papers will receive an email (from the EDAS paper submission portal) in which the Technical Committee Chair's decision on their paper acceptance have been conveyed. This email also includes an invitation for these authors to register and attend the conference. These authors will not receive any other special invitation letter from the Conference, as the acceptance email also includes the invitation. Those authors that need to apply for VISA to enter Australia can start their VISA application process with this acceptance/invitation email.

2. Your Name must have been listed in the EDAS paper submission portal exactly as it appears on your passport. If so, there will be no difference between your name on your passport and the name on your acceptance/invitation email. If that is not correct, the authors need to first update the EDAS paper submission portal. Then, send an email to the Conference Secretary (icpes2019@gmail.com) so we re-send you the acceptance/invitation email which will include your name as it appears on yoru passport. If not, this could lead to a delay and/or denial of your VISA.

** For Delegates Attending the Conference Without an Accepted Paper:

1. If you are interested to attend the Conference but do not have an accepted paper, you need to first register for the Conference via the Registration Portal.

2. When the correct payment has been processed, please send an email to the Conference Secretary (icpes2019@gmail.com) so we send you a registration confirmation/invitation email.

** Important Notes:

1. Please note that the ICPES 2019 and the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist anyone with their VISA process beyond providing the acceptance/invitation email, issued through the EDAS paper submission portal. Should your application be denied, ICPES Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Department of Home Affairs, nor will ICPES Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the Department of Home Affairs or an Australian Embassy on behalf of the applicant. Please refer to the Conference Registration Policies if a VISA application has been denied or delayed and you cannot attend the Conference.

2. A VISA application process can take around one month. Thus, please start your VISA application process as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.


All visitors to Australia need a VISA. VISA application forms are available from Australian diplomatic missions overseas, travel agents or the website of the Department of Home Affairs. Residents of Canada, USA, many European countries and some Asian countries can apply online. Depending on the Passport country, attendees of the ICPES2019 need to apply for the appropriate visa from the below ones.

eVisitor 651

Many European passport holders are eligible for an eVisitor visa, which is free and allows visitors to stay in Australia for up to three months. eVisitors must be applied for online and they are electronically stored and linked to individual passport numbers, so no stamp in your passport is required. It's advisable to apply at least 14 days prior to the proposed date of travel to Australia. Applications are made on the Department of Home Affairs.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) 601

Passport holders from eight countries that aren't part of the eVisitor scheme – Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and the USA – can apply for either a visitor or business ETA. ETAs are valid for 12 months, and allow stays of up to three months on each visit. Apply online at Department of Home Affairs.

Visitor Visa 600 (Business stream)

Short-term visitor visas have largely been replaced by the eVisitor and ETA. However, if you are from a country not covered by either, or you want to stay longer than three months, you'll need to apply for a VISA. Visitor visas cost from $145 Australian Dollars and allow single or multiple entry for stays of three, six or 12 months and are valid for use within 12 months of issue.

Visa Extension

If you want to stay in Australia for longer than your visa allows, you'll need to apply for a new suitable VISA through the Department of Home Affairs. Apply at least two or three weeks before your visa expires.